Finding a Rehabilitator

There are several ways to find a local wildlife rehabilitator. Because of variations in each state's permitting process, the variety of species cared for by rehabilitators, and the large number of people rehabilitating wildlife across the country, there is, unfortunately, no single database of permitted wildlife rehabilitators.

If you have found an injured or orphaned wild animal, NWRA knows how important it is that you contact a local rehabilitator as soon as possible. Below are links to various lists of licensed rehabilitators—PLEASE NOTE that NWRA does not maintain these lists and cannot vouch for the abilities of the people on these lists, nor can we guarantee that the lists are accurate or current.

  • The websites of some state wildlife agencies and state wildlife rehabilitation associations offer information on locally licensed rehabilitators. These agencies may be contacted by email, telephone, or fax. Click here for the Permit Offices and State Association Contacts page of this website.

  • The Ohio Wildlife Rehabilitators Association has a listing of wildlife rehabilitators by state 
Please note that this is not an NWRA webpage.
  • The Wildlife Rehabilitation Information Directory has a listing of wildlife rehabilitators by state and country Please note that this is not an NWRA webpage.
  • has an online listing of rehabilitation contacts by country and state. Please note that this is not an NWRA webpage. 
  • Check the state government listings in the blue pages of your local phone directory for your state wildlife, environmental, or natural resources agency. 

  • You also may be able to locate licensed wildlife rehabilitators through your town or county animal control office, humane society, local veterinarian, or animal protection association. Check the business and/or yellow pages to see if a wildlife rehabilitation/rescue person or organization is listed. 

  • You can contact the NWRA Central Office at 320-230-9920 to try to locate an NWRA member in your area.