NWRA is providing these instructions to help speakers create handouts that are user-friendly for symposium attendees, and to conserve paper and ink usage when printing the handouts. If you are not familiar with any of the instructions below, email the original document to NWRA (NWRA@NWRAwildlife.org) and we
are happy to convert the document for you.
- Please save your handout file as a grayscale PDF document. If you are using a PowerPoint document, please “print” more than one slide per page. If needed, instructions for placing multiple slides on one page are below.
- File size is an issue from the perspective of individuals being able to easily open/save the file, as well as ensuring the NWRA website does not exceed file-size restrictions when uploading documents. Save your document at a resolution no greater than 300 dpi.
- When assigning the file name for your document, include the presentation title and your full name.
When using PowerPoint
Go to File, Print and choose a PDF printer. If you do not have one installed, you can go to http://www.pdf995.com/download.html and download the Pdf995 Printer Driver and the Free Converter free of charge.
- After selecting your PDF printer, select the dropdown list under “Color” and select “Grayscale” as your color option.
- Under the “Full page slides” drop down menu, select “3 slides per page”.
- Select “Printer Properties”.
- Under the Paper/Quality tab, select the “Advanced…” button. Under “Print Quality” (found under “Graphic”) select the dpi listed and a drop down menu will appear. Select 144dpi or 300dpi.
- Select “OK” until you are back at your print menu. Select “Print” and name your file.